May 2, 2011

{Live Good}

A few weeks ago, I stumbled across a book entitled "Live Good" by Kobi Yamada.  I am not sure where I first saw it, or how I came across it, but the title alone made me pick it up and take a look inside. 


After reading some of it,  I decided that "Live Good" should be my new motto.  To be honest, I don't really "live good" at all.  I work way too hard, which isn't always good.  I don't always eat well, which really isn't good.  I don't always exercise, which I know is not good at all (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...I should really exercise more).  The one thing I truly think I am "good" at is being a mother. But we'll see about that one...only time will tell.

I read a page in this book everyday, and as I read the quotes, they really do inspire me to "live good."  They allow me to reflect upon the direction I'm headed.  What makes me happy?  What keeps the juices flowing?  What inspires me?  What are my passions?  And finally...

      ..."Is the life I'm living the life that wants to live in me?" Palmer Parker


...because...
"We don't have an eternity to realize our dreams, only the time we are here."  Susan Taylor



I want to live better.  I want to worry less.  I want to spend more time with my family and friends.  I want to have more fun.  I want to surround myself with people and things that I love.  I want to "Live Good" because...

..."If we live good lives, the times are also good.  As we are, such are the times."  St. Augustine

I am trying, right now, at this moment, to know my life as it is today and to make it better. To "Live Good." 

And so the inspiration and idea for {A CHARMING NEST} blog came to mind.  I have a lot of ideas about my home...all prepared in plans, lists, drawings.  Just ask Justin...I think it drives him a little crazy.  I'm always saying..."I was thinking...we could (fill in the blank)."  "The Kid" even says it when he's playing, so I must say it a lot.  So, the purpose of this blog is to simply share what we are planning, what we are doing, and how we are doing it.  I get my ideas from lots of places, but mostly I steal ideas and make them my own, from pictures, other blogs, shelter mags, and what I love.  Up until now, I've been afraid to share, but I'm going to give it a shot...to get over my fears, because they only hold you back...and it's time that I change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.